At Olistic The Label, we design timeless pieces that are meant to last.
In order for them to do so, it is important to carefully take care of them.
The washing and drying process accounts for two thirds (2/3) of the environmental impact of a fashion garment.
- We can create a positive impact by reducing over-washing and using organic laundry detergents.
- We can reduce our impact on the planet by increasing our garments’ lifetime : by reusing or recycling them.
Peace silk (Ashima silk)
What is the difference between Peace silk & Silk ?
Peace silk is a natural protein fiber that was harvested in an ethical manner.
While a traditional silk extraction usually involves boiling the silk worm, the cruelty-free silk process allows the silkworm to live out its full life cycle without being harmed. As an extension of the Olistic philosophy, we put a strong emphasis on improving where we source our materials and the ways in which we manufacture our collections.
How to care of Peace Silk
Delicate & precious, silk should be taken care with love and gentleness:
- Wash it by hand with a gentle detergent in cold water. Delicate fabrics need delicate treatment. Go for an organic detergent designed specifically for delicate silk
- Avoid heat. No hot wash, no irons, no tumble dryers. Silk likes to be kept cool.
- Do not soak or twist silk garments as this can release their dye or damage their shape
- Hang light items to air dry after washing and place heavy items flat on a drying rack
- We highly recommend you take your garments to an eco-friendly dry cleaner*.”Green dry cleaning” refers to any alternative dry-cleaning method that does not involve the use of perchloroethylene. This method is wet cleaning which is a more gentle version to wash your clothes without toxic chemicals that endanger both the environment and your body.
- Don’t use bleach. Harsh chemicals like bleach are likely to harm silk’s natural fibres.
- Check the label. Some silk items can be machine-washed, some need to be hand-washed, and some are dry clean only – bring those to a professional.